CEBU CITY — A campaign outing for presidential candidate Vice President Leni Robredo in Talisay City, Cebu has been canceled on Tuesday, April 26.
In a statement, Cebu Vice Governor Hilario Davide III said his partner’s Partido Pilipino sa Pagbabago (PPP), gubernatorial aspirant Ace Durano, had decided to back another presidential candidate. .
“Obviously he (Durano) is bound to follow the approval of the organization,” Davide said.
The PPP, of which Durano is a member, earlier announced that it supports the presidential candidacy of Ferdinand Marcos Jr.
Davide, on the other hand, approves of Robredo.
Despite their different choices for president, Davide said it hasn’t diminished their shared belief in continuing our movement for a better Cebu.
“On the day we both filed our nomination certificates, we already announced to the public the possibility of supporting different presidential candidates,” he said.
“From the start, our focus wasn’t really on forging political alliances, but more on who would support our cause, especially Cebu’s priority development agenda, which was crafted by ordinary Cebuanos and 300 sectoral leaders.” , he added.
Davide said they are grateful to Robredo for believing and supporting their priority Cebu development program during his visit to Cebu on April 21.
“We have come so far. Ace and I will finish the race with the same vigor, the same enthusiasm and the same respect because the interest of the Cebuanos is more important than our personal choices,” he said.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
To subscribe to MORE APPLICANT to access The Philippine Daily Inquirer and over 70 titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to news, download as early as 4am and share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.