The Walt Disney Company proudly announces that for the 16th consecutive year, it has received a score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index, the nation’s largest benchmarking survey and report measuring company policies and practices related to LGBTQ+ equality in the workplace.
- Disney’s efforts to meet all of the IEC’s criteria have earned it a designation as one of the Best Workplaces for LGBTQ+ Equality.
- Disney first achieved a perfect score in 2007 and has received a 100% rating every year since then.
- The CEI rates companies on detailed criteria divided into four central pillars:
- Non-Discrimination Policies in Business Entities
- Equitable benefits for LGBTQ+ workers and their families
- Support an inclusive culture
- Corporate social responsibility
- As the standards for a perfect score have evolved, Disney has been a leader in providing same-sex benefits and promoting equality in the workplace, including supporting transitioning employees, providing leadership training on LGBTQ+ inclusion, and fostering LGBTQ+ employee resource groups.
- Through employee service and corporate donations, Disney also has a long history of supporting organizations that support the LGBTQ+ community and work for equality, including Out & Equal Workplace Advocates, GLSEN, GLAAD and the Human Rights Campaign.
What they say :
- Jay Brown, senior vice president of programs, research and training at the Human Rights Campaign: “When the Human Rights Campaign Foundation created the Corporate Equality Index 20 years ago, we dreamed that LGBTQ+ workers – from the factory floor to the corporate office, in big cities and small towns – could have access to the policies and benefits needed to thrive and live lives authentically. We are proud that the Corporate Equality Index has paved the way for this reality for countless LGBTQ+ workers in America and abroad. But there’s still more to do, which is why we’re once again raising the bar to create fairer workplaces and a brighter future for LGBTQ+ workers everywhere. Congratulations to The Walt Disney Company for earning the title of “Best Workplaces for LGBTQ+ Equality” and working to advance inclusion in the workplace. »