MGM Resorts announced on Friday the launch of “The Wild Wild Quest”, a citywide scavenger hunt for “hidden” QR codes which unlocks access to the great prizes. Launched as part of the company’s loyalty program, MGM Awardsthe promotion includes the possibility of fly in a private jet to Vegas with Usher, global star and eight-time GRAMMY winnerwhich launches its new residency at Park MGM on July 15.
In a recent press release, the company said that between June 29 and July 11, nine MGM Resorts properties across the Strip will unveil QR codes “hidden in plain sight” on everything from everyday objects to some of the city’s most iconic attractions. Each unique QR code found can be scanned to open an online entry page where entrants receive a single entry (maximum six entries per person) for the chance to win one of 100 premium prizes.
Customers can join “The Wild Wild Quest” by searching QR codes on Bellagio, ARIA, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, Park MGM, The Mirage, New York-New York, Luxor and Excalibur. All stations will provide clues leading to the secret locations of each QR code.
The grand prize includes:
- Attendee and guest fly with Usher to Las Vegas by private jet
- Two VIP passes to Usher’s new show at Park MGM’s Dolby Live Theater
- Upgrade to the highest tier of MGM Rewards – BLACK status through January 31, 2023, and associated benefits like credits for a free cruise, hotel stay and dinner in Las Vegas, and more
- Three-night stay at ARIA Sky Suites in a penthouse overlooking the Strip
- Golf lesson with a PGA or LPGA player at Shadow Creek
- Culinary Experience with a Celebrity Chef from MGM Resorts
- $15,000 cash prize
Additional Highlights to understand:
- Upgrade to NOIR or Platinum status with MGM Rewards through January 31, 2023 and receive associated benefits such as complimentary cruise credits (NOIR only), Las Vegas hotel and dining stay, and more Again
- Two tickets to the biggest game in football in 2023 at State Farm Stadium in Arizona
- Match ticket packages with various major sports leagues
- 30,000 reward points with MGM Rewards, unlocking access to the best of Vegas
For members not visiting Vegas but wishing to participate, they will find other unique QR Codes hidden in the MGM Rewards TV ad airing nationwide and online. After scanning a Wild Wild West QR code, entrants will be prompted to register or log in to MGM Rewards in order to enter and be eligible to win prizes. Winners will be notified shortly after the contest closes on July 11.
No purchase or property visit necessary to enter, explains MGM. The contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 states of the United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older, subject to the Official Contest Rules.
“Las Vegas tradition has long lured dreamers seeking thrills beyond their wildest imaginationwhere parties can escalate into unforgettable moments with celebrities, you can become an instant VIP and upgrade to the best suites on the Strip and have the best chefs in town personally cook you a feast right before your eyes,” the company said.