Parti Marcos: 272 million pesos spent on campaign

0

MANILA, Philippines — The Partido Federal ng Pilipinas (PFP) has reported spending totaling 272 million pesos for the campaign of its flag bearer, President-elect Ferdinand Marcos Jr.

“The PFP spent 272 million pesos in expenditures during the last presidential campaign of 2022, which is well below the maximum expenditure of 337 million pesos allowed by law for a national political party,” the official said yesterday. general counsel for the party, George Briones, in a press release.

PFP made the announcement after filing its Statement of Contributions and Expenses (SOCE) with the Electoral Commission (Comelec) before the June 8 deadline.

Marcos is the national president of the PFP. The 400-page SOCE was prepared and signed by the party’s national treasurer, Antonio Lagdameo, recently appointed special assistant to the new president.

“The PFP SOCE is the last Comelec requirement of the party in accordance with the electoral code and other Comelec resolutions, after the peaceful national and local elections of May 9, 2022 with an 82% voter turnout, which gave us a president who won and was elected by the majority of our people or 31 million Filipinos,” Briones said.

Marcos’ designated press secretary, Trixie Cruz-Angeles, said she has no information yet on when the president-elect will file his own SOCE.

“We do not yet have any information on (the SOCE file of) the president-elect. After all, we still have two days left before the deadline. So it’s still early days,” Angeles said.

Under the omnibus electoral code, a political party was allowed to spend up to 5 pesos per voter or a total of 337 million pesos based on approximately 67.5 million registered voters for the May 9, 2022 elections. , while a presidential or vice-presidential candidate was allowed to spend up to 10 pesos per voter or a total of 675 million pesos depending on the number of registered voters.

Comelec previously reminded candidates in recent elections to file their SOCEs on time, as only 15 had filed theirs by Friday afternoon.

Acting Comelec spokesman Rex Laudiangco said only incumbent Senator Panfilo Lacson among the presidential bets filed SOCE on Friday, and none among the vice-presidential candidates.

Of the senatorial candidates, only former national police chief Guillermo Eleazar and former senator Antonio Trillanes have filed their SOCEs.

Party list groups Abono, Senior Citizens, Bisaya Gyud, Ang Kabuhayan, Ako Bisaya, Kabalikat ng Mamamayan, Abante, Anakpawis, Ang Bumbero, Bayan Muna and A Teacher have already submitted their respective SOCEs.

Besides the PFP, Unido submitted the SOCE among the political parties.

In a statement, Comelec’s finance office said advertising contracts must be submitted within five days of signing while the rest of the reports, “the sooner the better, but should not exceed 30 days. after the elections”. –Robertzon Ramirez

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.